Connect with us

News

Dad, whose children began to make outcries of indcent abuse after being removed from his home while his wife was well aware that her children were being victimized, only told them to keep silent, was sentenced

Published

on

Houston, TX – Texas man, later identified as 32-year-old Coddy, was ordered to spend his life in prison after jury found him guilty of multiple charges, including continuous se* abuse of a child under 14, aggravated se-ual assault of a child and lndecency with a child. Prosecutors said the defendant was found guilty last week and was sentenced to 8 life sentences plus more than 350 years in prison. Authorities say the defendant se-ually abused multiple children, including his own children and his wife’s children from a previous relationship. According to the court documents, the 8 children that were abused ranged in age from 1-year-old to 8-years-old. 

The investigation process began after the couple’s children were removed from their home. Family members and friends notified the authorities, including CPS services, about the living conditions in which the 8 children were living. According to prosecutors, the children were living in a trailer with terrible living conditions. The trailer was filled with bugs and Iice, local news outlets TXKToday reported.

When the parents lost custody of their children, the children were taken by CPS. The children then told authorities that their parents were se-ually abusing them for a long time. According to the court documents, the defendant also threatened the children ‘if they told anyone about the abuse that he would kill them. Prosecutors said the defendant’s wife knew about the abuse and told the children to remain silent. Her name is Britany and her trial is scheduled in one week, court records say.

Per reports, school officials and others who came into contact with the children with the couple repeatedly reported the physical neglect to Child Protective Services, which mentions reports dating back to at least 2016. Through various pseudonyms, eight children are listed in the court records as having suffered while in the couple’s custody. While their ages are not all identified, some are described in records as being ages 8 years, 6 years, 3 years, a toddler and a baby. After the children had been removed for a months-long period, they began to make outcries of se-ual abuse, including that parents had se* in front of them.

In one instance, one of the defendant’s daughters reported that ‘her father was on top of her and she screamed, and her mother walked in and looked at him’. The woman decided not to call the authorities and instead told the defendant “would you like to do that with a grownup instead.” According to court records, the children reportedly lacked sufficient food, the baby was allegedly fed a mixture of multiple types of formula against medical advice, and they were often dressed in ill-fitting or weather-inappropriate clothing.

You may also like…

Oregon1 week ago

Oregon leaders push back against federal health care actions with major new laws, Gov. Kotek signs laws protecting providers of gender-affirming and reproductive care from lawsuits

Oregon – The State of Oregon advanced a package of new health care laws aimed at strengthening access to reproductive...

Eugene1 week ago

Eugene Police arrest 22-year-old man for DUII and reckless driving after wrong-way crash on Beltline Highway

Eugene, OR – The Eugene Police Department arrested a 22-year-old man following a wrong-way driving crash on Beltline Highway. According...

Eugene1 week ago

Eugene Springfield Fire responds to motel fire on West 6th Avenue, no injuries reported

Eugene, OR – The Eugene Springfield Fire responded to a fire at a motel in Eugene on May 12. According...

Eugene1 week ago

Eugene Police arrest 26-year-old man in April stabbing investigation

Eugene, OR – The Eugene Police Department announced the arrest of a suspect in connection with a stabbing investigation that...

Oregon2 weeks ago

Oregon Democrats spark statewide political backlash after blaming Trump for gas price surge, as Republicans slam claims and accuse them of dodging responsibility amid rising fuel costs

Oregon – A growing political debate in Oregon over rising fuel prices has drawn indirect references to former President Donald...

Oregon2 weeks ago

Gov Kotek’s controversial gas tax plan sparks statewide political firestorm as voters prepare for critical decision, allowing voters to decide whether to uphold or reject the law

Oregon – The debate over Oregon’s gas tax and transportation funding has escalated into one of the state’s most significant...

Eugene2 weeks ago

Eugene Police Department responds to suspicious conditions call at South Eugene

Eugene, OR – The Eugene Police Department responded to a suspicious conditions report at South Eugene on Friday after a...

Eugene2 weeks ago

Eugene Springfield Fire firefighters complete hazmat technician certification and join Oregon State Fire Marshal hazmat team

Eugene, OR – Firefighters with Eugene Springfield Fire Department have completed an intensive 160-hour Hazardous Materials Technician certification program, strengthening...

Eugene2 weeks ago

Eugene Police Department officer resigns after body camera footage shows offensive language

Eugene, OR – An officer with the Eugene Police Department has resigned following the release of body camera footage showing...

Oregon2 weeks ago

Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden calls out Trump as “not a serious person”, says leadership is chaotic, inconsistent, and lacking real global direction on major international issues

Oregon – U.S. Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon has delivered one of his strongest public criticisms yet of Donald Trump,...

Eugene2 weeks ago

43-year-old arrested on theft charges after mail taken from River Road mailbox

Eugene, OR – A woman was arrested in Eugene following a reported mail theft incident in the River Road area,...

Trending