News
Dad, despite his lack of medical training, claims he conducted research and said a prayer before using a utiIity tool to perform a surgical procedure on his baby, helped by the child’s mom, only to leave the boy bleeding heavily
Kansas City, MISSOURI – The 35-year-old Missouri father, TyIer, accompanied by his wife, later identified as 32-year-old BaiIey, told authorities that he used sanitized bIade to perform a surgical procedure of his baby only for the procedure to not go as planned and now the couple was taken into custody and later charged with child abuse and unauthorized practice of medicine or surgery in connection with the last week’s incident.
According to the police officials, the investigation process began last week after the parents brought their baby to the hospital with serious injury. Authorities responded to the location and realized that the parents even left the child with the hospital staff against medical advice because they were tired of waiting. During the investigation process, authorities discovered that the parents reportedly tried to perform clrcumcision of their infant son at their home only to leave the child bleeding profusely.
The responding officers then went to the parents’ home to conduct an interview. During an interview with investigators, the 35-year-old dad reportedly admitted to performing the surgical procedure at their home after ‘doing research’. The father, who according to authorities didn’t had any medical training’ did the procedure ‘after saying a prayer’.
During the same interview, the father admitted to using a sanltized bIade, which according to authorities was utility tool, to perform the procedure. The couple also used gauze pads to stop the blood. Unfortunately, they weren’t prepared for the amount of bleeding. When the parents realized that the baby was bIeeding a lot, they rushed the child to the hospital. During an interview with investigators, the baby’s mom reportedly admitted to being hesitant about her husband doing the surgical procedure, but helped him carry it out.
Shortly after the incident, CPS responded to the parents’ home and removed their 5 children. Both parents are being held on $25,000 bond and their next court appearance is scheduled for January 28, 2025.
-
Eugene1 week agoEugene Police arrest 22-year-old man for DUII and reckless driving after wrong-way crash on Beltline Highway
-
Eugene1 week agoEugene Springfield Fire responds to motel fire on West 6th Avenue, no injuries reported
-
Oregon1 week agoOregon leaders push back against federal health care actions with major new laws, Gov. Kotek signs laws protecting providers of gender-affirming and reproductive care from lawsuits
-
Eugene1 week agoEugene Police arrest 26-year-old man in April stabbing investigation
-
Oregon4 hours agoGovernor Tina Kotek issues statement on second quarter revenue forecast, warns of several challenges affecting Oregon’s financial future and economic outlook
-
Eugene4 hours agoAuthorities investigate hit-and-run crash involving bicyclist struck by stolen truck in Eugene
-
Oregon4 hours agoGovernor Tina Kotek announces major housing plan targeting older Oregonians with millions in new funding aimed at stabilizing housing conditions
-
Eugene4 hours agoEugene Springfield Fire responds to gas leak report at Santa Clara commercial building on Division Avenue
